seeking advice

I am seeking advice on how to address a reported bug.  In
our MouseEvent class we have a constant defined as TRIPPLE_CLICK.
Clearly the correct spelling should be TRIPLE_CLICK.  Since this
constant is public it is part of our public API.  In order to correct
this mispelled variable I would need to break API stability.  What
would be the prefered approach to address such a change?

--
Jeffrey Morgan

"The highest reward for a man's toil is not
what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it"
    - Jon Ruskin