Re: ANNOUNCE libgtk-java 2.6.1

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:25:20 -0300, Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org> wrote:
> > * Added native bindings for ToggleToolButton?

In this case there already existed public API for the ToggleToolButton
widget but it was only usable from libglade.  This fix did not change
any of the public API for this widget - it just added the "glue" code
to allow the java API to make calls to the native widget.

> > * Bugzilla 166682 - TreeViewEvent?.getTreeIter returns 'null' *

This was a bug fix that did not change API.

> > Bugzilla 168217 - Dialog.addButton() should receive StockItems? *

There was a method Dialog.addButton(String, int) that already existed.
This method was not changed.  What did change was a new method was
added - Dialog.addButton(GtkStockItem, int).  This was a Java-only
change.

> > Bugzilla 168014 - Missing Window.setIconList

This change did add a new method - Window.setIconList.  This was a Java-
only change.

> .. and this breaking the API freeze?

Yes, I think you are right.  In two of the four cases sited above there
were new methods added to the Java interface.  In my zealousness
to fix some simple reported issues I seem to have gone too far.
Should I consider a new release backing out these two changes?

I wait for your input.

-Jeff