Re: Introspection API

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 10:58 +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>   I'm not saying libffi is bad, if we have computer generated prototype
> descriptions.  Manually using libffi is more of a problem due to the
> human tendency to make mistakes...
>
>   Another concern about libffi is portability.  But I looked at the home
> page and it seems to be fairly portable, so event that may not be much
> of a problem.

I don't think you have to use libffi. You could also generate static
marshallers for each distinct signature found in a library, and compile
those marshallers in to your language binding.

Alternately GTK+ could include marshallers from C<->GValue, and bindings
could provide a generic marshaller that went from language<->GValue

Probably the libffi approach is more efficient, but it depends on the
tradeoffs you want to make...

Havoc