Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 16:40, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I think that pyorbit might do something similar already, using the ORBit
> typelibrary thing.

> Oh, and dbus has similar things, though I don't think it has a full type
> system yet.

Yes, but I think such a system should be designed to be inproc from the
beginning. Basing it on a system designed primarily for IPC leads to
pain in the end in my experience (which OK is pretty limited).

Making it inproc all the way through means later on you can still pull
nifty tricks with assembly and code generation etc instead of
marshalling to a buffer and unmarshalling again, which is what CORBA,
DCOM and I guess DBUS do.