Re: GnomeCanvas's item_list

Murray Cumming said:
> If it isn't in the C API then there's nothing for you to wrap in perl. I
> don't think we have any way to do this in C++ either. Have you seen this
> done somehow in any application?

No, i haven't seen it in an application, although i've been tempted to iterate
over that list in C before.

> Hopefully it's enough to know what you put into the group.

The duplication of data is annoying; you know good and well that the group has
a list of its children, yet you are forced to manage your own list because you
want to do something to each child, e.g., change color or some other
attribute, when something happens to the parent.

Was asking in case there was a precendent of another binding doing something
about this, but i guess there isn't.

/me goes off to file an API bug against libgnomecanvas .... #138264

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>