Re: Adding error reporting to GtkFileChooser

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 08:43, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 20:32, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 08:21:04PM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > 	There is no question in my mind that this change would delay the GNOME
> > > 2.6.0 release date.
> > >
> > > 	Its down to you guys to make the call, but I would urge you to just
> > > suck it up and stick with the freeze.
> >
> > I'll disagree here.  I'd rather slip the gnome release and get this
> > api correct than live with the mess until gtk-3.0 in the star trek
> > future.
>
> 	The GTK+ team has set the date of March the 8th for 2.4.0 for the sole
> purpose of not delaying the GNOME 2.6.0 release. What I'm trying to
> point out is that if the API changes at this point it will delay the
> GNOME release even if the GTK+ release meets its target date.
>
> 	At the very least, we need a decision on this.

It's really sucky, and it's our fault for tying GNOME to GTK.

But I think we should get the API right; assuming we're not planning on
jumping to GTK/GNOME 3 any time soon, people are going to be using this
API in the wild for quite a while and we don't want it to be the only
part of GTK that sucks.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>