Octave bindings for GTK+

Greetings to the  GTK Community.
GNU Octave, as most you will be familiar with,
is the scientific computation tool that is
used for BLAS & Linear algebraic computations.

Currently GNU Octave exists as a an interpreter
written in C++, with support for a language Octave
much similar to the language like Matlab.

However it has severe limitation of not being able
to integrate a GUI framework for Octave, and remains
tied down to the simple Text UI.

Im in looking forward to positively write a {GTK+ [or] GTK#} binding
for Octave. Please help me by suggesting the steps in
doing so. All useful pointers, code and samples are welcome.

Adding GTK+ to octave would definitely add teeth to Octave
by giving GUI+Scientific computation together like Matlab does.

In the view of the above idea, I would like to know how language
bindings work & how I could use the GTK+ accessible from Octave.
Octave, for the record *does not* support call by reference.
I have looked into the way Matlab does work around this.
Its costly, but it passes around the values of the *all widgets*
to all the function-callbacks registered with the system on compiletime
and uses a lot of global variables.

I have Octave sources, GTK+2.4 & pyGTK GtkLisp binding code.
They have used 'lisp' variant 'scheme' for some 'defs'.
How does it work to connect GTK+ from a language  like Octave?
Please guide me with some pointers to related data.
I have posted this mail to the GTK# list earlier.

Thanks in Advance.
Cheers
Muthu.

Life is beautiful.