RE: Platform Bindings: libpanel-applet?

> On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 09:09, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > I noticed today that libpanel-applet is not part of the
> GNOME Platform
> > release, because it is part of gnome-panel module, which is in the
> > GNOME Desktop release. But I think that it is widely considered as
> > Platform API.
>
> 	Actually, I've never been sure whether it was in the
> platform or not. Personally, I wouldn't be entirely
> comfortable with it being in the platform since there's a
> good chance that at some point in the future we'll reconsider
> the whole applet thing and the panel would have a hard time
> support two applet APIs. That's just conjecture, though ..

Thanks, I'll give it some thought, and wait for other responses. I might
remove the C++ bindings from the Platform Bindings release schedule. I
wouldn't want to pretend that the C++ bindings are API/ABI stable if the C
library has not made the same promises.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net