Platform Bindings: libpanel-applet?

I noticed today that libpanel-applet is not part of the GNOME Platform
release, because it is part of gnome-panel module, which is in the GNOME
Desktop release. But I think that it is widely considered as Platform API.

For C++, I already have libpanel-appletmm in the Platform Bindings release.
This does violate our "no non-Platform bindings in the Platform Bindings"
rule. Does anybody object to making an expection just for libpanel-applet?

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net