RE: [Java-gnome-developer] ANNOUNCE: Java-GNOME 2.5.3

> > Thanks. I don't know how closely you are following the GTK+
> > API changes in
> > CVS. Do you know whether this builds with GTK+ from CVS, and
> > do you know for
> > sure that this builds with the last (old) GTK+ 2.3.1 tarball?
>
> We do not try to stay on the tip of cvs.  Instead we
> typically try to stay at the latest garnome release.  Our gtk
> code is at 2.3.1.

That seems like a sensible move in this case, though it shouldn't be
necessary, and it makes it difficult for people who are working on both the
bindings and GNOME itself, from cvs. Hopefully we'll persuade the GTK+
maintainers to release regularly.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net