RE: No GTK+ 2.6 in GNOME 2.8

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 13:29, Jeffrey Morgan wrote:
> The java team had hoped to enhance our gdk layer by adding
> many of the missing methods.  Will you be oposed to these
> additions?

No, the schedule should not get in the way of you doing work. I'm just
thinking about how best to do it. You can't release 2.4.x versions with
API that will change in 2.4.x+1. And you probably shouldn't release a
2.6.0 version that doesn't actually depend on GTK+ 2.6.0.

Do you think it will get enough testing in cvs without doing tarball
releases? We shouldn't rely on that for lots of new API.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com