Re: Ch binding to GTK+

Hi Murray,

> On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 02:35, Wayne W. Cheng wrote:
> > Hi James,
> > > It is not enough to
> > > provide sources on request without telling the recipient that they
> > > can
> > > ask for sources.
> >
> > We have modified the license and have told the recipients that they
> > can ask for GTK 1.2 source code if they are interested.
>
> I don't see that here:
> http://www.softintegration.com/download/register/license/license4ChGTK.html

license4ChGTK.html from our template license contains a clause:

------------------------
6. Open Source Licenses. The software may contain open source
components identified and governed by licenses in the
 directory CHHOME/toolkit/license where CHHOME is the home directory in
which Ch will be installed. Those open source
 components are governed by their licenses in the above directories.
----------------------------

If you check the file in CHHOME/toolkit/license/other/README_GTK, you
will find it contains:
-------------------------
GTK+ header files in
../include/gtk ../include/gdk ../include/glib ../include/glib.h
as well as original GTK libraries without any modification located in
CHHOME/extern/lib in Unix or CHHOME/toolkit/bin in Windows
are copyrighted under the GNU LGPL in
license_COPYING --- GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE

The source code for GTK+ binary libraries located in
CHHOME/extern/lib can be downloaded from
http://www.gtk.org/download/ or obtained from
SoftIntegration, Inc. If the Licensee wishes to receive
the GTK+ source code on media, there may be a small charge
for the media and for shipping and handling.
----------------------------------

If you have any additional concern or suggestions,
please let me know.

BTW, we have released the latest version of our
C/C++ interpreter --- Ch 3.5. GTK+ applications can run
in Ch without modification across platfrom.
Ch Standard Edition for Unix/Linux/MacOSX is now free for
personal and commercial use.

Thank you.

Regards,

Wayne Cheng
Ch: A superset of C/C++ interpreter for cross platform scripting
Ch GTK+: http://www.softintegration.com/products/toolkit/gtk