RE: A GNOME Bindings release set?

> > thanks to CPAN, Perl has good conventions for this already.  replace
> > the :: with a - and append the version number, and .tar.gz.
> >
> >    Gtk2 => Gtk2-x.yyz.tar.gz
> >    Gtk2::GladeXML => Gtk2-GladeXML-x.yyz.tar.gz
> >

> all that and i still didn't tell you what you wanted to know...
>

> ExtUtils-Depends-0.xxx.tar.gz
> ExtUtils-PkgConfig-1.xxx.tar.gz
> 	these two are need to build gtk2-perl modules from source.
> 	they are not required at runtime.
> 	the remainder of requirements are either provided with
> 	gtk2-perl or perl itself.
>
> Glib-1.xxx.tar.gz
> Gtk2-1.xxx.tar.gz

So, according to
"
instead, we use a scheme that is similar in spirit (although it does
not exactly match the traditional perl versioning scheme).  basically,
x.yyz, where x is the major, yy is the minor (even for stable), and z
is the micro, and is often omitted when 0.
"

Will these become Gtk2-2.400, for the final GNOME 2.6 release, and
Gtk2-2.401, Gtk2-2.402 for stable releases after that?

> Gtk2-GladeXML-x.xxx.tar.gz
> Gnome2-Canvas -x.xxx.tar.gz
> Gnome2-GConf -x.xxx.tar.gz
> Gnome2-VFS -x.xxx.tar.gz