Re: Defs format and XML

o noperoOn Mon, 2002-01-14 at 01:03, James Henstridge wrote:

> It brought up a few questions:
>
> You say that an XML format was easier to use.  This is likely to be true
> for any language where XML parsers are readily available (or come
> standard), but s-expression parsers are not.  This probably covers
> almost every language available today (except scheme/lisp which have
> s-expression parsers built in :).
At this momento I am not sure whether GUile has a good and reliable
XML parser...
My work is based in evaluating those s-expresions and then genertaing
my code.

> It would be fairly easy to map the existing defs format to XML, and the
> changes in my python code generator would be fairly localised (I already
> went through the process once in the going from Havoc's version 2 format
> to the current one).  I can't speak for other developers though (Ariel?,
> Murray?).
I would need to rewrite my guile-gnome2 work...
Basically I need to rewirte my .defs to .gwrap code...

I am going to look at guile XML thingies available.
BUt at primo colpo that is myposition

ariel