What to do in order to make gnome development platform rock

Title: What to do in order to make gnome development platform rock

There was an interesting discussion that took place on the
gnome-hackers list with the same subject as this mail.  The
original discussion centered around how to lower the barrier
to entry for new developers.  Much of the discussion focused
on language bindings as a tool to lower this barrier.  I would
like to start a discussion on this list on this topic.  A couple
of questions we should address are:

1) Is it time for the bindings projects to work more closely to
achieve some form of standardization/commonality?

2) What can we do to make GNOME programming more accessible to
the typical developer that is unfamiliar with GTK/GNOME libs?

I have inserted some of the original posting below in order to
set the tone for this discussion.  If you want to read the
original posting in its entirety you can go to:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2001-September/msg00167.html

-Jeffrey Morgan