Re: Official .defs files

On Sun, 13 May 2001, Ariel Rios wrote:

> > The disadvantage is that you have to get users to download and install
> > this tiny "gtk-defs" package to build your bindings.
> Well. I also envision that gtk-defs may also include defs files
> for gnome libraries like gnome-libs, gtkhtml, and so on.

And these libraries could also distribute their defs files.  It would
probably be a good idea for the libraries to install their defs files as
part of the installation process ($(datadir)/defs or something?).  Quite
often one defs file will rely on definitions from a dependent library.

Having one set of defs files that all bindings use will be a big plus for
consistency.

James.