Re: signal defs

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Andrei Zmievski wrote:

> Does current .defs format provide for description of object signals or not?
> If not, I think it would be a good thing to add. Thoughts?
> -Andrei
Yes. The current proposal has one. When discussio started
James and I noted that the signal thingie was not used on python
or guile but maybe you can make use of them:

I am doing some cosmetic changes to the proposal:

(define-signal signal-name
  (of-object object-we-are-a-signal-of)
  (run-action bool-value)
  (run-first bool-value)
  (run-last bool-value)
  ;; return value and parameters as for a function, omitting the object
  ;; and user data parameters

  ;; what other properties matter for a signal?
)

Ex:
  (define-signal select_row
     (of-object "CList")
     (run-first #t)
     ;; return type defaults to void
     (parameter in (type-and-name gint row))
     (parameter in (type-and-name gint column))
     (parameter in (type-and-name GdkEvent* event)))

Still, I don't see a lot of use for this in guile but...

ariel