new draft of defs format

I have put up a new draft of the defs format for discussion.  This is
based on input from the list, Ariel's work and a few changes to make the
various definitions more consistent, and has been converted to DocBook:
  http://www.daa.com.au/~james/files/defs.sgml
  http://www.daa.com.au/~james/files/defs.html

There are a few places which need clarification.  Suggestions are welcome.

I was thinking of putting this in CVS along with my "How to write language
bindings" document.  Sound like a good idea?

James.