Re: define-struct

Andrei Zmievski wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, James Henstridge wrote:

With the new defs format, I am mainly thinking about gtk 2.0. With 2.0, GdkPixbuf is a GObject.

For gdk-pixbuf-0.x releases (the current versions for use with gtk 1.2), it should fall under the boxed type category (the ref/unref functions correspond to the copy/free of a boxed type). Unfortuately, it isn't registered with the typesystem as such :(

I see. What about structs that are not registered as derivatives of
G_TYPE_POINTER or GObject, but still need to be exposed? Are there any?

Not sure how best to handle that. I usually treat it as a bug in the library I am trying to bind, and get the maintainer to fix it (adding a get_type() routine doesn't usually count as API breakage).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/