Re: [Gnome-bindings] Iterator and access functions

Karl Nelson writes:
 > 1) One problem which gtk-- has has quite frequently is is iterator
 > and access functions.  That is that many of the gtk+ functions take
 > integer offset into lists.   This means even though we may have a cache
 > to the data items address we can not use it.
 >
 > 2) Another common problem is that occasionally gtk+ returns a
 > pointer to a structure which we of course must copy if we want to
 > keep.   (I think in general it is best if gtk+ always return a pointer
 > to info which must be copied rather than having the user take ownership.)
 > However, in some places you also must copy it just to pass it back to the
 > same widget.

I think these two problems should be reported to the gtk-devel mailing list,
rather than the bindings one.
Of course, it would be easy to change the bindings temporarily to work around
these problems, however it would definitly be better if there was a proper fix
in gtk+ itself. Although the first one looks more like an enhancement request
(I think Havoc has planned to at least partially rewrite clist and ctree for
gtk+1.4), the second one is definitly a bug report.

Emmanuel