Re: [Gnome-bindings] Strings and bindings

Just thought that I should add one more case to your list:

Pike
====

All strings are always unicode (1, 2 or 4 bytes per character,
whichever takes least space to represent the given string).

The rules for passing strings into and out from GTK-1.4 will be rather
simple:

- All strings are converted to and from utf8 before passing or returning

I vote for only having one type of strings, mainly because it will
make my life much easier (me beeing the author of the Pike GTK glue),
and also because it, IMHO, makes more sense to see all strings as
UTF-8, regardless of whether or not the string is used as a key in a
hash, or is displayed to the user.

--
Per Hedbor                                              http://per.hedbor.org/