Re: [jokosher-devel] SVG vs. PNG loading on startup
- From: Laszlo Pandy <laszlok2 gmail com>
- To: Peteris Krisjanis <pecisk gmail com>
- Cc: Jokosher gnome <jokosher-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [jokosher-devel] SVG vs. PNG loading on startup
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:26:06 -0400
Peteris Krisjanis a écrit :
I don't think that startup time is so much very important for
Startup time is always important.
if it is compared to benefits of SVG.
Currently we don't use any benefits of SVG in our application. After the
icon is loaded it is always the save size, and never enlarged.
would be good not to cache all instrument icons at once, but mostly
This is impractical and would probably confuse the user. Why is it not
showing all the instruments anymore? Also we used to have it where the
instruments would not be cached until they were needed. But that made
the first launch of the add instrument dialog terrible slow (like a few
seconds to come up).
] [Thread Prev