Re: [jokosher-devel] SVG vs. PNG loading on startup

Peteris Krisjanis a écrit :
I don't think that startup time is so much very important for
multitrack editor,

Startup time is always important.

if it is compared to benefits of SVG.

Currently we don't use any benefits of SVG in our application. After the icon is loaded it is always the save size, and never enlarged.

 Also it
would be good not to cache all instrument icons at once, but mostly
used.

This is impractical and would probably confuse the user. Why is it not showing all the instruments anymore? Also we used to have it where the instruments would not be cached until they were needed. But that made the first launch of the add instrument dialog terrible slow (like a few seconds to come up).

Laszlo