[DEPRECATED] Re: [Usability] FYI: UsabilityGuidelines handbill

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Calum Benson wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 13:55, Tim Janik wrote:
>
> > it may make sense to:
> > - add HIG section links to the individual items in UsabilityGuidelines
> > - use this as a starting point for an official HIG handbill which is easier
> >   to digest than the whole document and allowes quick lookups.
>
> For some reason I never seem to be able to get to beast.gtk.org, so I
> haven't seen what this looks like yet :/

all of wilber (gimp.org, gtk.org, advogato.org, ...) is slow currently,
the machine is under heavy apache load due to a new prerelease of gimp-2.0,
up to a point of: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

yosh, this has been going on for a while (load under prereleases, slashdotting),
is there anything we can do to beef up the machine?
(short of stopping to release gimp of course ;)

>  But it sounds like it could be
> a good idea... we kind of always intended to do a HIG-Lite/Checklist
> sort of thing that digested the main points, but we never really got
> around to it-- maybe this will be the impetus we needed...
>
> Cheeri,
> Calum.

---
ciaoTJ