Re: [HIG] [Fwd: f9 keybinding]

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 01:19, Seth Nickell wrote:
> Calum, what do you think? We really should draw up a comprehensive plan
> for the function keys too, they're just convenient and valuable to waste
> randomly....

Hmm... my initial thought is that I'm not sure it's a common enough
function to write into the HIG, but maybe that's just because I hate
sidebars :)  I suppose the fact that two of our key apps (Nautilus and
Galeon) will want to use it might just about persuade me though.

Just for the record though, I'm kind of from the old school that feels
that function keys ought to be for the user to define, since they're so
un-mnemonic that apps shouldn't be using them routinely :)  Plus of
course, even these days, not all laptops have function keys, or have
them mapped to some unpleasant multi-key combination.

Cheeri,
Calum.