Re: [HIG] Specifying the desktop as user space only

That's a great idea. I have always thought that too, and I think its
worth putting in the HIG. A great example of this, IMO, is that Mac
users actually USE their desktops (traditionally Mac apps do not add
launchers to the desktop, though a few misbehaved ones do)... Whereas
most of the windows users I have observed don't really "own" their
desktops. Its just a collection of launchers that have acrued and most
people tell me they don't remove them because they might "someday" want
them. But I rarely see them use them because its become so cluttered its
hard to find items.

-Seth