Re: [HIG] 1 Administrivia, 5 Layout questions/comments

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 08:28, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> Looking at the HIG from a greater distance now, I've spotted some
> sore technical points.
>
> Administrivia:
>   Are you using this list for questions/comments such as those which
>   follow?

It's as good a place as any, I certainly have a pile of HIG-list
questions flagged 'todo' that I intend to revisit when I next get time
to work on the HIG.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to respond to all your points later, unless
somebody else gets there first :)  But I think it's fair to say that the
visual design chapter was written late in the day by Coleen (who has no
knowledge of the gtk APIs), and we were perhaps a little guilty of
shoe-horning it in at the last minute and writing the text/code hacks to
fit around her suggestions, because we had no info like this at all in
the guide up to then.

Had time allowed we should of course have given it a proper review and
asked Coleen to modify some parts (like the spacings we have no control
over), and filed bugs for the bits we did like that gtk doesn't
currently easily support (which I think Seth actually did for one or two
things).

Cheeri,
Calum.