[HIG] Re: [Usability] Re: Decision: instant apply window buttons

<quote who="Hasbullah Bin Pit (sebol)">

> but in the case of "auto-apply" prefs, if joe suddently click here and
> there, suddently something happened that scared him, but not sure which
> part of prefs he touched, 'cancel' or <esc> might help him.

[ moving this off desktop-devel, as it's annoying the gnomecc hackers who
are basically having no input in this discussion anyway ]

Can you think of some practical examples of scary things that instant apply
windows may do? I've been trying to, haven't really hit anything that's
scary and appropriate to instant apply.

The scariest thing I could think of was a drastic interface change, such as
a new background; everyone I've shown the instant apply desktop preferences
panel in Mac OS X has simply said, "Oh cool! It does it for you!" This
includes some new users.

- Jeff

--
   "They are, as I told Telsa, all very small cheques. Indeed our cheques
   only come in one size, otherwise cheque books would be far too hard to