[HIG] Re: [Usability] Re: Decision: instant apply window buttons

Gregory Merchan <merchan baton phys lsu edu> writes:

> Found it. Is the CVS viewable by web interface on anonymous access?

The CVS version is only viewable if you have write access. I should
post it on the web site but haven't gotten around to it.

> It's only a dialog if you have to somehow OK it.
> The Mac nomenclature is simply wrong on this count.

Is there some a priori definition of dialog that I missed?

My question is about practical impact of the type hint.

i.e. what is the practical difference in behavior that leads you to
want these things to be NORMAL not DIALOG. What would the WM do with a
DIALOG that you do not want it to do?

Havoc