[HIG] Re: [Usability] Re: Decision: instant apply window buttons

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 09:25:36PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We should at least start with known-good source code before we begin
> the cut-and-paste party. ;-) Here is my suggestion, please fix it up,
> then we can all copy the same code, if everyone keeps the same
> function name it's relatively easy to repair the mess later.
<snip>

This looks fine up to a point.

>   gtk_window_set_type_hint (window,
>                             GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DIALOG);

This should be:

  gtk_window_set_type_hint (window,
                            GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_NORMAL);

See the archives for the reasons.

>   gtk_window_set_position (window, GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER_ON_PARENT);

This is fine as a default, but settings windows should retain position
as do application windows.

I would prefer criticism of my code over silence.

Gregory Merchan