[HIG] Re: CVS abuse? (I think so.)

<quote who="Gregory Merchan">

> In the CVS module for the HIG there is a Java program 'fop' for the purpose
> of building a PDF copy of the HIG. Neither a PDF nor a PostScript copy of
> the HIG is generated on the gnome.org servers. Until 'fop' was added, the
> only executables in the module were a few small shell scripts. The program
> appears to consume 7k of a total of 17k for the HIG.
>
> I think having that program in CVS is an abuse of the space. I'm tempted to
> `cvs remove` it, but I'm guessing that would still leave a copy somewhere.
>
> Should 'fop' be removed? How?

Funny, was just talking about this with jamesh on IRC...

If it's no longer needed to generate the HIG (I gather you guys are XSLTing
it up now), then it can be removed from CVS on canvas. It would indeed be
better to just nuke it. Very silly thing to have in CVS in the first place.

Thanks!

> P.S. - This was sent once without a subject. I apologize for this, but
>        not for mutt which offered only abort instead of a chance to
>        correct the error.

[ Heh. See http://perkypants.org/dotfiles/ for some 'more usable' mutt
configs! :-) ]

- Jeff