[HIG] Re: [Usability]No HIG maintainer?

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:55:58PM +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 13:16, Murray Cumming wrote:
<snip>
> > At the moment I'm concerned that we have GNOME 2.2 ui-review bugs
> > telling people to do all the bizarre bizarre border and frame
> > implementation stuff that's in the HIG.
>
> I agree, and I'll happily accept a HIG patch that says "just use regular
> frames with no border and bold header text"...

My next commit will have the bizarro recommendation commented out.
I'm waiting until after I've slept and generated a draft to commit.

Still missing, I think, is a good description of what is intended.
The questions, as I recall them in my weary state, are:
1) How far down from the frame label widget should the contents be?
2) How far indented from the allocation.x of the frame label widget
   should the content be?
3) Are these to be pixel, em, or other distances?
4) What will gtk+ be made to do?

Soon to sleep,
Greg Merchan