[HIG] Re: [Usability]Question on Multiple Document Interfaces

Daniel Borgmann wrote:
Isn't the tab grouping of fluxbox pretty close to that? I didn't use

I think this is a problem at least with some kind of applications. How would you handle this, for example
    http://primates.ximian.com/~dave/screenshots/anjuta2-devhelp.png
with the WM-tabs approach without going the NetBeans/Forte way of having lots of windows scattered in your workspace? And even if that could be seen as a solution (given a really smart WM and task switcher and carefully coded apps), I also think it would be quite hard for both the app and the wm to organize the windows in a sane way...

This is starting to look more and more like the Mac OS approach, IMO... not that I don't like it, but I'm not sure if the whole of the DE is ready for such a change... I'm not sure the mixing of fundamentally different paradigms is a good idea... I'm quite happy with tabs, after all, and I don't feel being alone

--
  Michele - www.micampe.it

  "Smile, it makes people wonder what you are thinking"