Re: [HIG] Re: Viewports or equivalent

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 04:46:42PM -0500, Seth Nickell wrote:
> However, that said, I think the current feature is more useful and/or
> productive than allowing for precise positioning. Precise positioning
> just isn't necessary, and more often than not users will avoid an extra
> move operation (caused by imprecise mouse movements + allowing precise
> positioning, thus putting windows in quirky places).

I don't believe that since I've never moved a window to another virtual
space that had to keep the same position but...

> What we need to do is not revert the current feature, but modify its
> visual language so it does not accidentally suggest precise positioning.

... this is the better action right now.
I must note that I never expected precise positioning from moving windows
in the pager the same way I don't expect precise curves on a 1:100 road map!

Cheers ye all