Re: [HIG] Icons in application menus and dialog action buttons

Comment by Sullivan on the mixed use of icons in Nautilus menus....

------- Additional Comments From sullivan eazel com 2000-12-12 11:20:09
----

Currently we use standard GNOME menu icons for (at least some of) the
standard
menu items, like Cut/Copy/Paste/Close Window. We haven't been careful
about
doing this for all the standard menu items. Also, we have the bookmark
items,
whose icon is an integral part of the item, much more so than for
Cut/Copy/Paste, etc. I've deliberately made the bookmark icons always
show up
(ignoring the GNOME user preference) because I felt they are of a more
essential
nature than the arguably-decorative icons next to standard commands.

We could leave this as is, remove the few standard-command icons we're
using, or
add icons for more standard-command items. Any of these seem fine to me,
so I'll
leave this up to Arlo.