Re: [HIG] XML/Docbook 4.1.2

Greg --

I don't seem to have a "jw" command on my machine.  Where can I get this?

Adam

At 1:39 PM -0500 10/22/01, Gregory Merchan wrote:
On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 06:43:21PM +0100, Calum Benson wrote:

 I notice Greg has committed an XML version of the first draft.  Two
 questions:

  i) Is this the one we should be updating from now on, and

I think so. I also modified the Makefile to build from it.

 ii) What does one need to do to be able to use db2html etc. on
 XML/DocBook 4.1.2 docs, as our internal build system currently only
 handles SGML/3.1...?

`db2html` is either a shell script or a binary file. If it's a shell script,
it can be modified to also parse the .xml extension, or the real command can
be invoked directly as in the Makefile:

  jw -f docbook -b html -o hig_draft1 hig_draft1.xml

When I first committed the file, it was just to spare anyone else the effort
of the conversion I'd done while trying to fix <remark> showing. After some
discussion on-line it was decided (by Adam, Seth, and myself, at least)
that we should use the XML version and so I committed the Makefile changes.

The content of the documents was the same at my last checkout. The only change
I made, besides the necessary markup changes, what to make the article status
be "draft". (Ok, I may have reindented a section or two. ;-)

 > Cheeri,
 Calum.

(Blah, legal stuff. Where to snip that?)

Cheers,
Greg Merchan