Re: [HIG] REVIEW of Mini-HIG draft - Section 9

> 53. Mini-HIG > `Keyboard Interaction Basics' > `Standard Application

>     Given that more than 95 % of Web users use browsers where the
>     shortcut for `Add Bookmark' is Control+D or Command+D, not to
>     mention the thousands of Web pages which exhort you to bookmark them
>     by typing Control+D, the choice of Control+B for this function is
>     ... interesting.

Don't blame me, blame Eazel  :)  I guess it's a question of whether we
prefer to upset all the existing Nautilus users, or all the existing
Mozilla users.

Of course, any web pages which exhort such things clearly just suck
eggs, as "Control+D" won't do anything useful on all the best
platforms/browsers, such as Macintosh and Amiga  :)

Incidentally, can anyone remember why Ctrl+D *was* originally chosen as
the shortcut for this... what was so important for Ctrl+B to be doing
instead on those early browsers?

Cheeri,
Calum.

---