Re: [HIG] Division Revision - First Part

>  1   Introduction
>  2   Principles
>  3   Presentation

I don't like this category's name, and I'm not sure I understand the
logic behind it? Icons are rather seperate from, say, colours. The icon
guidelines are meant to be read by those creating icons, not in general
hackers. This organization is based on the assumption that the readers
will be hackers, which doesn't seem always right. *shrug*

Things like "wording" also probably don't fall into a "presentation"
section. Additionally, I don't think we should have *fewer* categories
if that makes it hard to find things. The current number isn't hard to
navigate (other than being sort of a random collection of items). I
think a more useful metric is to look at section lengths and try to end
up with approximately equal length sections. In this proposal,
Presentation would be a huge section.

Lets make our categories more specific so people can actually find what
they're looking for when they read the HIG rather than having to descend
into each section looking for items.

For example, where do toolbars go? Are they controls? I don't think of
them as controls even though I guess I know they are widgets. Even more
so with menus.

>  4   User Input
>  5   Windows

I think dialogues should be seperate from Windows.

>  6   Controls
>  7   Simple Reality Checks

What about feedback?

-seth