[guppi-list] octave and guppi

Hi,
I am currently not a user of Guppi, but I think it would be a very nice
idea to make an application based on Guppi and Octave, that would allow
users to run octave conveniently from a gnome application window, and
plot date to Guppi. Such a program would be a nice alternative for
Matlab.
Any opinions about this? Allthough I am not an experienced programmer I
would be willing to put some effort is such a project. Octave includes
libraries for writing octave based programs.

Bye,

Martijn Brouwer