Re: [guppi-list] CVS

On Thu, 2001-09-06 at 08:49, Bill Gribble wrote:
> On Thu, 2001-09-06 at 08:21, Lutz Müller wrote:
> > Could someone remove references to libguppitank in configure.in? The
> > subdir is no longer compiled and therefore libguppiConf.sh will report
> > wrong flags.

No.  If you actually are using Guppi, you should install the 0.35.5
tarball, not CVS HEAD.

> Why is libguppitank no longer being compiled?  Is this permanent,
> temporary, or what?  I ask because gnucash depends on the libguppitank
> API.  Is it being deprecated?

Temporary, and no it is not being deprecated.

After running autogen.sh from the current guppi3 HEAD, the following
message is displayed:

----------

Guppi CVS is currently undergoing a major overhaul, and is *known to
not compile*.  If you try to build from HEAD, it *will fail*.

And even if you managed to get something to compile, it will *not
work*, and will probably collapse into a twitching pile of segfaults.

You have been warned.

The tree is undergoing major breakage as part of the drive towards
graphs in gnumeric, and it isn't possible to keep everything working all
of the time.

-JT