Re: [guppi-list] 0.34.4 is dead... long live 0.34.5

I was able to compile and install 0.35.5.  I was also able to start guppi.
However, I can't do anything, because if I try to start a new scatter plot or
run the demo pie chart guppi crashes with the following message:

** CRITICAL **: file gnome-font.c: line 195 (gnome_font_new): assertion 'face
!= NULL' failed.
I can't find the default fonts needed by Guppi.
In 99% of all cases, this means that there is a problem with your installed
version of gnome-print.

I installed Guppi into the default directory (/usr).  Should I have installed
to the same location as my Ximian Gnome 1.4 (/opt/gnome)?  I have
gnprint-0.25-ximian.10 that came with the upgrade to XG1.4.

BTW, I was thrillled that  I could at least start Guppi and see the main
window.  In the past when I've tried running it it just crashed on startup.   I
hope this feedback helps.

Best,
Tim