Re: [guppi-list] Best Language for Guppi?

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 01:27:26PM -0600, linas linas org wrote:

> I need to implement some scripts/programs that will use guppi
> for graphing live data being yanked out of shared memory
> (as well as controlling a command-line system, and offering
> menu-driven GUI interface).  What's the 'best'/recommended
> language for quickly & easily implementing this (and still
> having a very nice GUI finish to it?)

> perl-tk (is there perl for guppi ??)
No perl bindings for Guppi, sorry.

> python ( is there python for guppi??)
There are python bindings, but they aren't as maintained as they
could be.  I don't know anything about python, so I rely on the
kindness of strangers for these...

> scheme
> C + glade for gui

Either the guile bindings or the straight-C approach would work.  If
you are going to be pulling this data out of shared memory, it might
be easier to just work in C and have "native" access to the various
system calls rather than having to write wrappers around shmget (and
other stuff like semaphores, etc.).

-JT