Re: [guppi-list] ERROR: Unbound variable: read-history

On 29 Jul 2001 16:22:16 +0200, Fien.Remerie wrote:

> I have exactly the same problem on a Linux 6.4 installation (gnome
> updated via Ximian, guppi build from source).
>
> Did you find the problem or could someone hint me ?

This turns out to be a known problem with Ximian's guile packages on
some platforms.  I know for a fact that it works on Debian, but fails
under Red Hat.  I'm not sure, but I suspect that this might be a problem
on all RPM-based distros.

This issue is in the Ximian bug-tracker, and I recently raised the
priority of the bug.  Hopefully this will get fixed by Ximian ./xisoon.

-JT