Re: [guppi-list] guppi link problem

On Mon, 2001-08-27 at 22:49, Steve Witt wrote:
> I'm trying to compile guppi for gnucash. So, I 've got guppi-0.35.5 and am
> compiling on a Debian Linux "woody" (Testing) distribution. The error I'm
> getting is a link error:
>
> <giant link line omitted>
>
> In trying to track this down, scm_master_freelist is in the libguile.so
> library, and the above link command seems to be picking up libguile from
> /usr/local/stow/guile/lib. I've got guile1.4 installed in /usr/local
> using stow. So, I don't know why this link is failing?  Any ideas?

Hmmm... it is tough to say.  I use Debian/Woody myself, and I don't
experience this problem.

Do you also have guile 1.3.x installed on your system, perhaps under
/usr/lib?  If you have a libguile-dev package installed, try removing
it, do 'make distclean', re-run configure and try rebuilding Guppi.

Is there a reason you are using your own version of guile 1.4 rather
than the ones provided by Debian?

-JT