Re: [guppi-list] where do I find other packages need for GUPPI0.34.3-1 RPM

Hello,

I thought it's about time 2MB worth... ; )

> I downloaded Guppi-0.34.3-1.i386.rpm from the link on th e guppi
> homepage, When I try to install it I get:
>
> [root@localhost Guppi]# rpm -ivh Guppi-0.34.3-1.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libgnomeprint.so.3 is needed by Guppi-0.34.3-1

You'll need to upgrade your gnome-print. Helix Code has good packages at:
ftp://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/helix/distributions/
I believe Mandrake's packages also work.

>         libqthreads.so.0 is needed by Guppi-0.34.3-1

As Jon mentioned, libqthreads is supposed to come with guile. You need
guile 1.3.4 for Guppi. You could try our Guile packages, from:
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/guppi/RPMS/
They work fine on a Mandrake 7 system. However, they don't install on Red
Hat 6.2beta (or earlier), complaining about libncurses.so.5. (they have
.4). Recompiling didn't help either - it failed under install-strip. Just
"install" worked however, and you can download those RPMS built against a
RH 6.1.92 (6.2beta) system at:
http://www.teleport.com/~graunke/RPMS/

Good luck!

--Kenny (x86 Guppi packager) : )