Radical suggestion/question

Hi

Since some work has already been done to isolate guppi from
guile-gnome/gtk, I have the following question:

How about switching to python for an embedded language? (Puts on asbestos
suit ;-)

* Python (,is ('easier( than (lisp))) (except that weird indentation
  counts as code grouping thing :-)
* It is more widely supported
* All work done on Numerical python is automatically inherited
  automatically (some great codes/solvers etc. are available).

I guess the question is how deeply embedde is guile in guppi?
And how emotionally attached are Jon/others to guile? ;-)

Conrad

| Conrad Steenberg                        |
| Caltech, Mail Code 220-47               |
| Pasadena, CA, 91125                     |
| e-mail: conrad@srl.caltech.edu          |
| Tel: (626) 395-2964 Fax: (626) 449-8676 |

"Source code is the blueprint for software, like a set of spells that humans
can read and use to control machines. Access to source code is power."
Rachel Chalmers