Re: [guppi-list] guppi release requires guile-1.3.4???

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 11:48:10AM -0700, Mark Galassi wrote:

> There is no guile-1.3.4 RPM available on rawhide, and Red Hat 6.1
> comes with 1.3.
<snip>

> If 1.3.4 has new and necessary features in its API (beyond being a
> bugfix release), I could bring it up on the Guile list and a 1.4
> release should be put out.

This is the case.  Guile 1.3.0 doesn't have the
scm_strport_to_string() function, requiring you to poke around inside
of strport structs and do stuff in an way that made big assumptions
about implementation details.

Between 1.3.0 and 1.3.4 the implementation changed, and this
(much needed) function was added to the API.  Rather than get into a
bunch of #ifdef-ing, I decided to just require 1.3.4.

(I don't recall the exact details of this; I dealt with this issue a
few months ago.  More details are in the CVS logs, so I can dig them
up if necessary.)

I think there were one or two other small incompatibilities, but this
was the main thing.

-JT

--
COMINT secret | Jam Echelon! http://www.echelon.wiretapped.net | NSA explosives
assassin terrorist car bomb tactical bin laden waco white house nuclear clinton