Re: [guppi-list] CVS screwy...

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 10:04:47PM -0800, Conrad Steenberg wrote:
> Hi
>
> There is something really screwy with guppi3 in CVS. Using bonsai or
> checking out the module, src/libguppinewdata/array.[ch] is missing.

CVS does appear to be hosed.  If you cd into libguppinewdata and
explicitly request the files via

% cvs -z3 update guppi-array.[ch]

they will appear.  But they won't show up if you co guppi3.  Strange.

<brief pause>

I just went and poked around /cvs/gnome, and it turns out that
guppi-array.[ch] are in the "Attic" subdir.  So I guess that removing
a file and then re-adding another file with the same name is fraught
with peril.

Maybe someone out there with power and influence could go in and tweak
the repository so that guppi-array.[ch] are un-Atticed.  (Havoc?)

Or maybe there is a way for mere mortals to do this via cvs.  Can
I un-remove a file?

-JT

--
COMINT secret | Jam Echelon! http://www.echelon.wiretapped.net | NSA explosives
assassin terrorist car bomb tactical bin laden waco white house nuclear clinton