Re: [guppi-list] Guppi Development Snapshot Released

It's been rumoured that Jon Trowbridge said:
> Isn't it amazing how quick hacks always come back to bite you.
>
> Guppi's hard-wired search paths for glade files has some funny stuff in
> it (like "..") that lets it work properly from inside of src/guppi

don't know if this is applicable, but I've seen stuff like this when
one is 'near' an AFS or DFS file system.  In those cases, the getcwd()
routine has been poorly implemented, and attemps to scan the network
tree.  i.e. if you have links to net file systems in /home, it may
'just' be a solaris bug.

--linas