libxmi-0.0 released

Havoc and other guppi folk, this is to let you know that I've released
version 0.0 of libxmi.  I hope you can incorporate it in guppi.  It should
be easy to drop into other packages' source trees.

libxmi is the standalone 2-D scan conversion library that I wrote you about
a few weeks ago.  It includes all the X11 code that draws vector graphics,
modified so that it draws to an in-core `miPaintedSet'.  In fact it
provides a 2-stage graphics pipeline.  Polylines, arcs etc. are drawn to a
miPaintedSet, and the painted set is rendered to a miCanvas.  It's at the
second stage that sophisticated pixel merging algorithms, e.g. alpha
compositing and Microsoft's ROP3 operations, can be applied.

And... I've made a nontrivial extension to X11's drawing semantics.  libxmi
now supports (roll of drums) *multicolored dashes* !  No matter whether
you're doing conventional on/off dashing or `double-dashing', you can
specify an array of colors that the colors of the `on' dashes should be
cyclically selected from.  The array can be arbitrarily long.

libxmi-0.0 is at ftp://platinum.math.arizona.edu/ftp/pub/libxmi.tar.gz ,
and I hope you can glance at it and give me some feedback, about the API in
particular.  The public header file, xmi.h, has a lot of explanation about
how the API works.  There's a sample drawing program (drawing.c) that you
can compile and link with libxmi, to test it out.  There's no texinfo
documentation yet though.

With luck, version 1.0 will be an official GNU release (got to get the
documentation written first, though).  I still have time to tweak the API
if anyone has any suggestions for improvement.

Regards,
Robert
P.S. Feel free to pass this on.