Re: guppi problem

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Norman Stevens wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Thomas R. Shannon wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >

> > > On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Thomas Shannon wrote:
> > (cut of much useful information)
> >
> I needed to make the following patch in order to get it to compile.

My thanks to both of you.  I got it to compile last night.

All things considered, I think this is really promising.  I like the
windows programs that I use for plotting and analyzing data but
anything that keeps me from the evermore time-consuming task of
rebooting into NT is a great stride.  As it is, I can certainly use it
to plot data for lab notebooks, etc...

It should be even more powerful in combination with gnumeric.  Which
brings me to another point.  During the configure the program said
that I have Bonobo but "I am too brain dead to find it at this point"
:).  I thought bonobo was still only in CVS.  Should I have it?

Standard Red Hat 6.0 install with upgrades from ftp.inconnect.com.
All programs including gnumeric-0.26 by rpm except gnome-print, goose,
and a few other minor gnome programs like gbib.

Thanks, again,
Tom
-------
Quote of the day for Sunday, 13 June, 1999:

"It is more shameful to mistrust one's friends than to be deceived
by them."

  - La Rochefoucauld